24 May 2009

trivia

Here is some trivia related to the "Niagara" CD:

1) This trip to Niagara Falls was actually to go see a reunion show
by my favorite comedy troupe, "The Kids in the Hall". The next
morning, my wife and I walked around Goat Island, and that's where I
was inspired to write "Niagara"
2) My grandfather told me he was the body double of Joseph Cotten in
the Marilyn Monroe movie "Niagara", in the scene where he drives a
boat in the river just up from the falls (both he and my dad worked
for the Great Lakes Towing Company on the boats).
3) I didn't see Niagara Falls myself until I was 19, though I grew up
just a couple hours away!
4) Margaret Sharrow, who painted the paintings I used as a background
for the CD cover, is a friend of a close friend of mine (Chris
Terpin, who contributed to a couple of my earlier efforts) from
Buffalo. She was always fascinated with the U.K., and moved to Wales
to study art. Check out her blog to see more of her art.

No comments:

Post a Comment