23 May 2009

Welcome to the Tea With Warriors blog! I may not have a lot of updates, since I also work a demanding day job in addition to my creative life, but I hope to post things about my new musical plans, mp3's of works in progress, and discussions of music that has meant a lot to me.

I thought this would be a great time to start a blog, since I recently released a new CD, called "Niagara". I got the idea for the CD after a visit to Niagara Falls, a little over a year ago. As the CD liner notes describe, I was really struck by the power of nature, and thought it would be good to translate that into music. The end result was a mix of new age, minimalism, rock and jazz. I started with some synthesizer background "colors" and added layers of guitar work, percussion, and violin. I think it makes excellent background music, of a cinematic sort. I had visual images in mind as I composed it, and for the CD cover enlisted my friend Margaret Sharrow for the paintings. I would like to find someone who would be interested in making some videos that I could put on YouTube to promote it. Any takers out there?

I was pretty happy that over the last month or so, one of the tracks, "Skydiver" got played on the "Echoes" radio show several times, giving me some national exposure. I think the other tracks from the CD are also very good, and deserve some exposure, thought I understand that they are not really the right style for a radio show, being more "minimalist" or textural. I think they would make a beautiful background for a nature movie or something like that, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment